Guiding Lights Crisis Stabilization Center
Guiding Lights Crisis Stabilization Center (GLiC) is open in Leavenworth, Kansas. GLiC provides a sobering unit, a 23-hour observation unit, and a crsis stablization unit.
Our Sobering Unit is available 24/7 hours a day, 365 days a year and serves adults in need of behavioral health services inclusive of mental health and substance abuse.
- Sobering services are voluntary and available for up to 8 hours with medical oversight for patients not at risk of seizure or delirium tremens.
- Assessment and referral for 23 hour Crisis Stabilization and/or Psychiatric or Addiction Services Inpatient Hospitalization.
- 23– hour highly structured, safe and flexible space to provide outpatient services in a therapeutic milieu
- 24/7 Operations and availability
- Alternative to involuntary psychiatric treatment
- Basic medical and intensive psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- Crisis intervention services including 1:4 safety observation
- Behavioral health stabilization services
- Medication assisted/social detox services
- Integrated connection to appropriate community referral services for ongoing treatment needs
The Crisis Stabilization Unit is a voluntary, flexible, secure, and highly structured treatment space to meet varying mental health and substance disorder needs.
Crisis Stabilization Services
- Continued psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and crisis stabilization services
- Less restrictive alternative to or step-down from inpatient psychiatric care
- Medication assisted detox services
- Connection to governmental assistance programs to assist with discharge to the community as appropriate.
We Provide You
Clinical assessments and therapy services are provided by Kansas licensed mental health professionals with training in psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy and professional counseling.
Emergency Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for clients requiring immediate attention.
Community Support Services (CSS)
The Center’s Community Support Services (CSS) program provides community-based service to adults with Serious and Persistant Mental Illness (SPMI).
Community Based Services (CBS)
The Center’s Community Based Services (CBS) program provides intensive community-based services to youth suffering from Severe Emotional Disturbance (SED).
The Guidance Center is licensed by the State of Kansas to provide outpatient treatment services, including alcohol and drug evaluation, treatment, education and relapse prevention for adults and adolescents.
The Guidance Center’s Medical Director is Board certified in Child and Adult Psychiatry.