The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas. Most of our clients are below the poverty line and many experiences homelessness. We are the only provider that offers therapy, case management, psychosocial, and medication services all at the same site. We care greatly about our clients and are consistently moving towards a holistic model of care.
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
- Provide door to door transportation of clients residing in Atchison, Leavenworth, and Jefferson County
- Transport youth participating in Youth Psychosocial Programs as directed by supervisor
- Maintain daily records of transportation service provided as required, i.e., number served, miles
- driven, time required, gallons of gasoline used.
- Maintain the vans by monitoring all needed service and repairs (cleaning, oil changes, tires, brakes, belts, etc.), then arrange for the service needed as directed by the supervisor.
Required: High School Diploma or GED and Valid Driver’s License
Preferred: Mechanical skills
$12.06 to $14.33 per hour; based on previous relevant experience
- KPERS Retirement System
- Prorated Paid Holidays
Hours Per Week:
The hours for this position are Monday through Thursday, 2 pm to 7 pm for a total of 20 to 24 hours per week.